New York State Community Action Association
The Governance Partnership in Community Action
Presented by non-profit consultant, Meghan Johnston, this webinar is for both new and existing CAA Board Members as well as CAA staff.
The webinar covers a variety of topics including the Board's Role in Changing Times, Defining Responsibilities as a Board Member, and Board Member Best Practices in Community Action Agencies.
In the webinar Ms. Johnston discusses current challenges to board governance and also reviews a basic framework for undestanding the role of governance in Community Action.
- Training Book for Community Action Boards - Minnesota Office of Economic Opportunity
- Resources for Nonprofit Boards - BoardSource
- Community Action Legal Assistance - CAPLAW
- Blue Avocado - Electronic Newsletter for Nonprofits
- CAA Tripartite Boards - CSBG Information Memorandum 82 - U.S. Office of Community Services/ACF/HHS
- Accountability of Charitable Organizations - Panel on the Nonprofit Sector
- And many more ... see Virtual CAP - Board of Directors