The Massachusetts Association for Community Action has published a Resource Guide on Establishing Effective Workforce Development Programs to help Community Action Agencies and others in their efforts to assist individuals in moving toward self-sufficiency.
The Massachusetts Association for Community Action (MASSCAP) developed a Resource Guide on Establishing Effective Workforce Development Programs based on a broad vision to assist Community Action Agencies and other organizations with:
Background and context information on workforce development (Chapter 1)
Planning for workforce development (Chapter 2)
- Working with the workforce development system and establishing partnerships (Chapter 3)
- Operating a workforce development program (Chapter 4)
The Resource Guide includes:
- Definitions of key concepts including ”What is Self-Sufficiency?”
- Case studies that demonstrate promising practices
- Troubleshooting Guide with quick reference to information in the Resource Guide on typical workforce development issues and questions
A number of organizations worked as partners with MASSCAP in development of the Resource Guide including the following groups:
Wider Opportunities for Women
The Women’s Union involved with programs to promote economic self-sufficiency of women and their families
Commonwealth Corporation involved with a variety of workforce development programs and services
The guide was funded by the Office of Community Services and is meant to help CAAs and other CBO’s plan for and implement effective workforce development programs through local planning, needs assessment and appropriate collaboration with local partners.
Involvement with workforce development efforts that promote family economic self-sufficiency are vital toward achievement of ROMA National Goal #2: The Conditions in Which Low-Income Live are Improved.
Joe Diamond, Executive Director