Region II Regional Performance and Innovation Consortia
RPIC Region II newsletter – December 2021
New York * New Jersey * Puerto Rico * U.S Virgin Islands
See newsletter for full story on each of these items
Community Action Partnership of New Jersey
Shop with a Cop, Shop with a Hero
The New Jersey Community Action Network has enthusiastically implemented a "Shop with a Cop/Shop with a Hero" initiative to provide opportunities for positive engagement between agencies, youth, and law enforcement. Beginning with O.C.E.A.N. Inc., the initiative has demonstrated the power of partnerships and possibilities. The program sponsors children in low-income households to be assigned a law enforcement officer to complete holiday shopping, providing additional family support. The initiative creates an opportunity to build community collaborations and impact youth through relationship-building to bring change within our community policing strategies. Seven C.A.A.'s are participating, supporting over 1,000 children alongside 27 law enforcement partners in 11 counties...
Office of Community Services Project Impact Funding Awards!
Three New Jersey Community Action Agencies have been awarded funding from OCS Project Impact: Norwescap, Tri-County Community Action Agency, Inc. (Gateway CAP), and United Community Corporation. The funds will support CAAs in using Rapid-Cycle Learning (RCL), a continuous quality improvement approach that assists in assessing whether programs and services make a measurable difference for individuals and families – learn more about RCL and Project Impact.
Puerto Rico Community Action Association
Community Action Staff Participate in Workshops
See newsletter for descriptions of each of these workshops that were held in November:
- ROMA Workshop
- Abuse Prevention Workshop
- Future December workshops include How to Recover Lost Self-Esteem in the Middle of the Pandemic & Managing Toxic Relationships in Work Environments During Covid-19
New York State Community Action Association
NYSCAA Supports Ongoing Work in Communities of Practice
Communities of Practice (CoP) are formed when a group of individuals wants to engage in collective learning surrounding a shared topic of interest. Presently, four CoPs meet bi-monthly: the Best Practices/Evidence-Based Practices CoP, a Data CoP, a Trauma-Informed Care Agency CoP, and a Leadership CoP.Each is comprised of Community Action members who share that particular interest and expertise...
- National Partner Resources on Covid-19
- Pathways to Excellence, Community Action Partnership
Enrollment is open now to join cohorts starting in December 2021 and January 2022
- New Community Action COVID Resources Webpage and COVID-19 Resource Series in Spanish, Community Action Partnership
- Whole Family Approach Design Briefs, Community Action Partnership
- CAA Board Meetings: Template Meeting Minutes and Index of Form Resolutions, CAPLAW
- Resource Library (new), CAPLAW
- New Rule Regulating Vaccine/Testing Policies for Employers with 100+ Employees, OSHA
- The Pandemic Divide: An ALICE Analysis of National COVID Surveys (also, scroll down for ALICE & COVID-19 Tracker), United for ALICE
- Thrifty Food Plan is Updated to Reflect the New Max SNAP Benefits, Market Prices, and Dietary Guidelines, USDA
- How Succession Planning Can Help You Compete in the Talent Market, WIPFLI
See newsletter for listings
- How to Make Holiday Celebrations More Inclusive, SHRM
- 7 Tips to Manage Cultural Equity and Inclusion this Holiday Season, Diversity Atlas