Maryland Community Action Partnership
MCAP e-News – December 3, 2021
See newsletter for the full story on each of these items
Annual Frederick County Community Action Agency Turkey Distribution & COVID Vaccine Clinic
On November 23rd, at Frederick Keys Stadium, Urbana students handed off groceries and carried bags to cars in the frigid air. By noon, they’d gone through about half of their supply, starting with 1,000 turkeys from Wegmans...In another section of the parking lot, Frederick Health offered flu and COVID-19 vaccinations. The Love for Lochlin Foundation and Frederick Community Action Agency set up tables offering resources. Volunteers stuffed bags with COVID-19 vaccination flyers and applications for energy assistance
2021 Harford Chamber of Commerce Award Winner
Harford Community Action Agency (HCAA) was awarded the 2021 Harford Award in the Non-Profit Category. HCAA has received national praise for its working relationships with numerous agencies and community partners throughout the county. Given these relationships, HCAA was able to handle the increased need during the pandemic, including a 43% increase in their food pantry need which equates to about 9,000 households. They rose to the occasion, adding 2 new programs to their operations to fulfill this need.
- 2022 MCAP Community Action Conference, May 11-13
- Free MCACP Master Class: MCAP Community Action Month Symposium
- Expected Requirements for COVID-19 Vaccination and Masking, Office of Head Start Director
- LIHEAP and ERA Winter Month Energy Assistance Resources, ACF CSBG Dear Colleague Letter.
- NEW COVID Response Templates, Community Action Partnership
- Tax Season Resources – The IRS has sent along several graphics and some sample tweets you can use to spread the word about taxes (see newsletter for links)
- LIHEAP Clearinghouse (website now active)
Introduction to Community Action, Community Action Partnership, Dec. 14
See newsletter for listings