New York State Community Action Association
NYSCAA newsletter – November 2021
See newsletter for full stories
A Word from NYSCAA’s CEO
Read the Thanksgiving message to NYSCAA's friends, colleagues and supporters.
We are excited to announce a new course has been added to NYSCAA Learn: Understanding N.E.A.R. Science. This course will increase your knowledge of the Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) Study and the impact of ACEs on health and opportunity...
- Albany Community Action Partnership is one of 16 CAAs/State Associations Awarded Grants Through "Project Impact: CSBG Rapid-Cycle Projects"
- Pro Action of Steuben and Yates Recognized for its Service in Working Collaboratively with Cornell Cooperative Extension of Steuben County
MYTH: In a country as wealthy as the United States, no one goes hungry at Thanksgiving. - FALSE!
Fact: Millions of Americans live in food-insecure households and struggle to provide a nutritious meal for their families at Thanksgiving.
Thinking About Hunger and Poverty on Thanksgiving, Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health
As an official national holiday, Thanksgiving was born not from a Pilgrim feast with Native Americans but in the height of the Civil War when President Abraham Lincoln designated the day to express appreciation for “the blessings of fruitful fields and healthful skies.” Yet as many of us sit down to enjoy a turkey dinner this week, it’s important to remember the millions of Americans who have little in the way of bounty to be grateful for read the full article from
- CAA Board Meetings: Template Meeting Minutes and Index of Form Resolutions, CAPLAW
- New Resource Library from CAPL:AW
- Pathways to Excellence (enrollment now open for December & January cohorts), Community Action Partnership
- COVID Resources webpage and COVID-19 Resource Series in Spanish, Community Action Partnership
- Whole Family Approach Design Briefs showcasing accomplishments of six CAAs, Community Action Partnership
See newsletter for listings
- New Grieving and Healing Online Wellness Groups, New York Project Hope
- Climate Act: Barriers Report, NYSERDA
- New Rule Regulating Vaccine/Testing Policies for Employers with 100+ Employees, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- The Pandemic Divide: An ALICE Analysis of National COVID Surveys (scroll down for ALICE & COVID-19 Tracker), United for ALICE
- How Succession Planning Can Help You Compete in the Talent Market, Wipfli