Ohio Association of Community Action Agencies
See newsletter for the full story on each of these items
2021 Exemplary Program Awards (Dec. 1 nomination deadline)
Ohio Association of Community Action Agencies and Ohio University Voinovich School of Leadership and Public Affairs are now accepting nominations for the 2021 Exemplary Program Awards! The OACAA website contains details about the program, guidelines, scoring rubric, and information on how to develop and submit program nominations.
Ohio’s Vax-In-Action drawing was created to recognize and thank Ohio’s Community Action staff for making the decision to get their COVID-19 vaccination. Drawings are being held each month to incentivize and reward staff in the network for getting their shots. Two winners were selected for November, CAA staff is only eligible for one drawing based on the last shot received. Follow the link to register.
OACAA blog – The Ohio Association of Community Action Agencies extends congratulations to Lifelife Inc. for receiving the Lake-Geauga Fast Track 50 Nonprofit of the Year Award at a gala on Thursday, November 4, 2021 – read the full blog posting.
OACAA Winter Legislative Conference (hybrid event)
January 26-28 in Columbus Ohio
Virtual Training Events
- Foundation Level Seminar Series, Nov. 23 & 30
Topics: Conflict Resolution and Motivation & Reward Systems
- Building REAL Trust and Team, Dec. 2
- History of the War on Poverty with David Bradley, Dec. 13-15
- Workplace access pilot spawns first public transit program in Wayne County, Crain's Cleveland Business
- Ohio’s First Lady reads to Warren children, Tribune Chronicle
- Columbus Honors Casey Goodson Jr. with new CDL Program, WYSX News
- WOCAP to offer Financial Management Classes, The Lima News
- MVCAP to host community Thanksgiving dinner, The Register-Herald