Community Action Association of Pennsylvania
CAAP Update – November 2021
See newsletter for full articles
Special Advisor to the Secretary
The Pennsylvania Department of Human Services
Director, Center for Community and Housing Development
The Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development
Tri County Community Action, Dauphin and Perry Counties, Pennsylvania
View this year's program and recorded ceremony on the SSA Awards page of CAAP's website. Thank you to everyone who participated in, and attended, this year's ceremony. CAAP plans to host next year's awards during the 2022 CAAP Annual Conference: October 17-20th in Harrisburg, PA. Save the date!
Creating Equal Opportunity For Residents Full Social, Civic & Economic Potential
How do Community Action Agencies assess local needs? ...Union-Snyder is an example of a PA Community Action Agency taking the impact of COVID-19 into account in the October 2021 release of their 2020 report. The concerns are ranked, which include the pandemic’s impact on families, community resources, children’s education and personal experience...Union-Snyder concluded through their assessment that gaps exist in specific areas of their counties:– read the full article in the newsletter.
View Union-Snyder's report
Union & Snyder County Community Needs Assessment
Visit the DEI pages of CAAP's website
- 2022 CAAP DEI Statewide Summit, Feb. 15-16 (virtual)
- Jennifer Wintermyer, Tri County Community Action's executive director, honored with the 2021 Lo Mejor De Lo Mejor Award by Latino Connection
- 2021 NCAF Conference, Oct. 25, Nov. 1, 8, 15 & 17 – conference registration
- 2022 CAAP Annual Conference, Oct. 17-20
- Emergency Rent Assistance Media Kit, PA Department of Human Services
- 2021 NCAF Conference (remaining dates),Nov 15 & 17 – conference registration
- Perspectives from Main Street: The Impact of COVID-19 on Communities and the Entities Serving Them – Findings from the 2021 Federal Reserve COVID-19 Survey
- October Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency newsletter featuring Financial education is for you! – Fall maintenance tips – Top five spending tips for this holiday season – and more...
- Online Resource Library remodeled and revamped from CAPLAW – use this video tutorial for support using the library.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Grants Available ($4.8M for 66 PA counties), United Way of PA
- PA CAA job openings
- Managing Leave & Attendance, Nov. 16
- Succession Planning, Management Track, Dec. 2
- Daryl Davis: How One Man Converted Hundreds of Members of the KKK, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Dec. 7
- Board Recruitment and Retention, Governance Track, Dec. 9
- Anti-Harassment Training, Human Resources Track, Dec. 14
- Budgeting and Forecasting in Uncertain Times, Fiscal Track, Dec. 16