North Carolina Community Action Association
Family Centered, NC Symposium
Register today for free!
The Symposium is open for participation from other states
Family Centered, NC Symposium is funded by the Duke Endowment. Learn from experts on issues facing families across the state during this 4-day event. Topics covered include, working with families in need, parenting best practices, mental health, motivational interviewing and more. The week will conclude with a video screening and discussion related to COVID’s impact on families and strategies moving forward.
Tuesday, November 9
- The Cliff Effect - Regional Impact and Implications of a Global Pandemic (9:00 - 10:30 am)
- Diverse Communities & Diverse Crises: Working with Families in Need (10:45 am - 12:00 pm)
Wednesday, November 10
- Child Development in Times of Crisis (9:00 am - 12:00 pm)
- Motivational Interviewing: Proven Practices to Better Serve Your Communities (10:45 am - 12:00 pm)
Thursday, November 11
The NCCAA extends a heartfelt thank you to all veterans. Please honor and thank a veteran today and join us tomorrow for the final day of the Family-Centered, NC Symposium. Symposium workshops will not be hosted today.
Friday, November 12
- The Trifecta: Mental Health, Poverty,and COVID-19 (9:00 - 10:30 am)
- Growing Up Poor in America, virtual documentary screening & discussion (10:45 am - 12:00 pm)