North Carolina Community Action Association
NC Empowered – November 2021
See newsletter for complete articles
The NEW Reentry Council will host GivingFest to ensure holiday cheer for Nash, Edgecombe, and Wilson counties returning citizens and their families. Through its GivingFest initiative, NEW Reentry will collect monetary and in-kind donations to provide food boxes and toys during the holiday season – read NCCAA's full press release.
Success Story: CAO leverages The Duke Endowment funds for rent assistance
Mr. Carson, who lost a job due to COVID was unable to pay rent. Community Action Opportunities leveraged The Duke Endowment funding to cover his rent. "I thank God for Community Action Opportunities," Mr. Carson said. "I was in a financial crisis due to COVID. I was stressed out, scared, losing weight. If it wasn't for CAO assisting me with rent and other bills I would probably be in the hospital by now. I just want to say thank you."
- I-CARE utilizes The Duke Endowment fund, NCCAA blog
- WAMY launches urgent home repair program, Pulse Boone 95.3 FM
- FVWO hosts mobile COVID vaccine clinic, The Daily Dispatch
- CAF partners with City Startup Labs for ReEntry Entrepreneurship Program, Charlotte Inno
- CPAC to host "Hot Ride Holiday" Car show and Fundraiser, September CPCA newsletter
- AmeriHealth Caritas North Carolina Donates $7,500 to CAAs, AmeriHealth Caritas
- How Nonprofits Can Maximize Their Distribution Events, Good360
- American Rescue Plan provides $805 million in funding for NC early care and learning programs, NC Governor Roy Cooper (press release)
- Deadline Extended to Nov. 15 for Child Tax Credit Applications: Child Tax Credit Non-filer Sign-up Tool – Be Aware of Child Tax Credit Scams
- CDC launches new Vaccine Resource Hub
- North Carolina enacts 'No Patient Left Alone Act' law, WECT
- FEMA program to pay $9,000 in funeral costs for COVID victims, FEMA
- Weatherization provides Ms. Ophelia with a warm home this winterNCCAA blog
- NC Office of Economic Opportunity announces staff changes, NCCAA
- Federal Reserve Survey Shows Impact of Pandemic on Nonprofit Service Providers, FedCommunities
- Work-Life Balance: Self-Care Practices for Every Professional, NCCAA blog
Alone, we can do so little; together, we can do so much.
See newsletter for listing under each section