Community Action Association of Pennsylvania
CAAP Update – October 2021
See newsletter for full articles
The Children's Hilltop Health Hub
Allegheny County Department of Human Services, a public Community Action Agency, used its Community Services Block Grant to collaborate with UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh and create a pediatric, community-based health hub in an existing family center. Known as the Children's Hilltop Health Hub, it serves the underserved and at-risk neighborhoods of Hilltop...
PA DCED has shared resources with PA Community Action in response to the Child Tax Credit in the American Rescue Plan, which provides the largest Child Tax Credit and historic relief to the most working families ever. As of July 15th, most families are automatically receiving monthly payments of $250 or $300 per child without having to take any action. The Child Tax Credit will help all families toward success. Low-income families with children are eligible for this crucial tax relief – including those who have not made enough money to be required to file taxes but many are unaware that they are eligible..
Access CTC Tax Credit Awareness Resources on CAAP's Agency Resources Page.
- CAAP 2022 DEI Statewide Summit, Feb. 15-16 (virtual)
- Income and Poverty in the United States – Explore and customize tables, Census 2020
- 2021 NASCSP Annual Training Conference, Sept. 20-23
- 2021 NCAF Conference, Oct. 25, Nov. 1, 8, 15 & 17 – conference registration
- 2021 Weatherization Day Toolkit: October 30th is Weatherization Day, NASCSP
- Overview of the Index ACSI Best Practices Work Group, NASCSP
The group's purpose to identify, document and communicate best practices for the state delivery of services to local agencies
- CAAP 2022 Annual Conference, Oct. 17-20
- New Executive Director Institute (Oct. 25-27) and Executive Director & Board Chair Institute, Virtual training from the Community Action Partnership, Oct. 27-29
- Briefing for CSBG Eligible Entities on the Results of the 2021 ACSI Survey of CSBG Eligible Entities (webinar recording use passcode mAF%%1Zs), Office of Community Services
- Building Partnerships for Supporting Community Initiatives, Management Track, Oct. 7
- Board Needs- Assessment & Application, Governance Track, Oct. 14
- Managing Federal Funds 101, Oct. 21, Fiscal Track
- Positive Employee Relations, Oct. 28, 10/28/21: Human Resources Track
- Addressing Racial Microaggressions, Oct. 29, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion