Region II Regional Performance and Innovation Consortia
RPIC Region II newsletter – September 2021
New York * New Jersey * Puerto Rico * U.S Virgin Islands
See newsletter for full story on each of these items
Community Action Partnership of New Jersey
CAPNJ & DCA Conference
On September 24th, the NJ Department of Community Affairs Office of Community Services and CAP NJ hosted a virtual conference for the CSBG network focusing on “Strengthening the Community Action Network.” The conference theme included internal and external collaborations and opportunities to share our experiences and grow stronger together. The spirit of the day was captured by the keynote speaker, President and CEO of Greater Bergen Community Action, Robert Halsch, as he discussed coming together more effectively as a network, and the heart center that connects us all with actionable ways to move the partnership between CAPNJ and DCA congruently forward.
Puerto Rico Community Action Association
Community Action Staff Participate in Workshops
See newsletter for descriptions of each of these workshops that were held in September:
- Psychological First Aid Workshop
- Motivation Workshop
- Stress and Anxiety Workshop
New York State Community Action Association
Congratulations to the Emerging Leaders Institute (ELI) Participants!
NYSCAA is excited to extend congratulations to our 2021 Emerging Leaders Institute 2.0 group for successfully completing 2 years of ELI! There were 14 participants in the ELI 2.0 group from 9 Community Action Agencies across the state. Each participant completed a project in which they identified a need within their agency, created and executed a plan to meet their communities need. The group presented to the entire Emerging Leaders 1.0 and 2.0 group at NYSCAA's September Seminar held in East Syracuse, NY...
ELI is a year-long leadership development program designed to build and expand the capacity of future leaders within New York's Community Action Network. The collaborative learning experience incorporates: (a) Formal training to build skills and knowledge, (b) Peer networking opportunities to build local and statewide relationships and (c) Discussions surrounding current and relevant books chosen by the group and/or leaders within Community Action.
- National Partner Resources on Covid-19
- CSBG T/TA Resource Center, Community Action Partnership
- Energy Awareness Month Toolkit, Community Action Partnership
- CSBG Client Eligibility Resources (updated and new), CAPLAW
- Resource Library (new), CAPLAW
- All a-Board! The Purpose, People, and Process of CAA Boards (free video series), CAPLAW
- Census Bureau Report Shows the Poverty Rate for 2020 is up 1% from 2019. See these three reports for more in-depth information: (1) Income and Poverty in the United States: 2020, (2) Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2020 and (3) The Supplemental Poverty Measure: 2020
- Thrifty Food Plan is Updated to Reflect the New Max SNAP Benefits, Market Prices, and Dietary Guidelines, USDA
- WIPFLI LLP Virtual Trainings: CSBG Organizational Standards Boot Camp (October 19) – Head Start/Early Head Start Regulation Boot Camp (Oct. 26-28) – Senior Human Resources Forums for Nonprofits (Nov. 11)
See newsletter for listings