Ohio Association of Community Action Agencies
See newsletter for the full story on each of these items
The Ohio Department of Health has issued a $5,000,000 funding opportunity for Community and Faith-Based Infant and Maternal Health Support Services...
2021 Exemplary Program Awards
Ohio Association of Community Action Agencies and Ohio University Voinovich School of Leadership and Public Affairs are now accepting nominations for the 2021 Exemplary Program Awards...
Ohio’s Vax-In-Action drawing was created to recognize and thank Ohio’s Community Action staff for making the decision to get their COVID-19 vaccination. Drawings will be held each month to incentivize and reward staff in the network for getting their shots
IMPACT CA Honored with Local Award
Congratulations are in order for IMPACT Community Action, whose critical pandemic and eviction prevention efforts made them the deserving recipient of the 2021 Columbus Foundation Award and related $50,000 grant – read OACAA's blog posting.
2021 OACAA Annual Conference (hybrid event)
October 12-14 in Columbus, Ohio and Virtual
Virtual Training Events
- Dynamic Duo: Improving the Board and Executive Director Relationship, Sept. 30
- Impact of a Batterer in the Lives of Children and Teens, Oct. 21
- Foundation Level Seminar Series, Nov. 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30
Topics include managing successfully through change, communicating through chaos, empowering employees, conflict resolution and motivation & reward systems
- Feeding America CEO visits Southeast Ohio Foodbank during Hunger Action Month, The Logan Daily News
- Foodbanks, churches offer relief for families in rural counties, WOIO