Ohio Association of Community Action Agencies
See newsletter for the full story on each of these items
2021 State of Poverty Report Released
The 2021 State of Poverty Report highlights the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, housing, employment, broadband access, and the expansion of Ohio’s Medicaid program. Check out the report and access the companion toolkit on our website!
- Annual Report on Poverty Finds Pandemic Hit Low-income Ohioans Hardest, The Columbus Dispatch
- Coronavirus has particularly hurt poorer Ohioans, new study finds, Clevelnad.com
- Report: Pandemic's Ripple Effects Had Big Impacts on Low-Income Ohioans, Public News Service
OACAA's Vax-In-Action Campaign for Ohio's Community Action Network
Kim Sorg from Lancaster-Fairfield CAA was the August grand prize winner! The next drawing is on September 1st. CAA staff is only eligible for one drawing based on the last shot received.
Health Center Wows (OACAA blog)
Every parent is familiar with the challenges of picking up a sick child from school, from leaving work midday to driving all over town for doctors’ appointments and prescriptions. Family Medical Centers’ first school-based center in Rock Hill, Ohio, eliminates these strains by enabling children to be seen by health professionals and prescribed treatment on campus while parents remain at work – read the full blog.
2021 OACAA Annual Conference (hybrid event)
October 12-14 in Columbus, Ohio and Virtual
- HHWP CAC Hosts Event to Support Ohio Breastfeeding Awareness Month, The Courier
- "Self-Employment: From Dream to Reality" Small Business Classes Being Offered in Pike County, News Watchman
- Construction Underway at Mercy Mission House, Sidney Daily News