South Carolina Association of Community Action Partnerships
The Hub – July 30, 2021
See newsletter for full story on each item
This year, National Administrative Professionals’ Day was recognized on Wednesday, April 21, 2021. Administrative Professional Day recognizes the professionals who keep an office running smoothly every day. With remote and hybrid teams becoming part of the new normal, recognizing the efforts of your support staff is more important than it’s ever been...SCACAP recognized five (5) administrative professionals on April 21, 2021, on the SCACAP Team...
SCACAP appreciates the efforts of its employees to achieve agency goals and to fulfill its vision statement. Outstanding employees deserve to be recognized both as a reward for exceptional performance and as models to other employees. The STAR of the Month Program recognizes one employee each month...
See newsletter for recognition given to SCACAP's May/June and July Stars of the Month (Evonia Pearson and Elaina Lamar).
Beaufort Jasper Economic Opportunity Commission's Virtual Employee Appreciation Day
BJEOC decided to throw a Virtual Employee Appreciation Day for both 2020 and 2021 combined! Employees received Annual Awards, Time Served Awards, and Office Superlative Awards. Swag Bags were delivered to their locations with t-shirts, tumblers, lunch bags, souvenir booklets, and much more. Last but not least, prizes, prizes, and more prizes were given! Games were played throughout the entire event with many winners, and funny clips were shown for quick laughs. This whole event was funded by donations received from BJEOC vendors and local businesses totaling over $6,000.00...
Pee Dee Community Action Partnership Announces The First Annual Juneteenth Mullins, SC
A Celebration of African America Arts & Culture From Slavery to Jim Crow at Juneteenth Mullins 2021: Pick 42 Foundation and its partners (the City of Mullins, Performing Arts & Sciences Academy, Pee Dee Community Action, and M-WAM Benevolence Foundation) held their first annual Juneteenth Mullins, SC celebration in Mullins, SC on 6/19/2021 from 11 am - 7 pm. This milestone was a significant move for Mullins, SC, in which the population is over 65% African American. The collective community was excited to celebrate African American Arts and Culture that has been pivotal to the founding of Mullins and the USA...
- SCACAP Receives Focus Areas Training from The Nonprofit Connection, LLC
- SCACAP Celebrates Head Start’s 56th Birthday!
- SCACAP HOST MAY 2021 VIRTUAL TEACHER/DIRECTOR FORUM
- CACAP HOST JUNE 2021 VIRTUAL TEACHER/DIRECTOR FORUM
- SCACAP Spotlights Early Head Start Child-Care Partnership (EHS-CCP) Providers: Midlands Primary, Lexington County – House of Joy, York County – Pawley’s Island, Georgetown County
SCACAP Is Awarded Grant In CDC Funds To Increase Adult COVID-19 & Flu Vaccination Rate
Education and outreach work will address vaccine inequities and advance health equity: The South Carolina Association of Community Action Partnerships (SCACAP) has been awarded $100,000 to fund outreach and education efforts explicitly focused on building vaccine confidence among low wealth adults. Made possible with funding from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and in partnership with Community Catalyst, the project aims to increase understanding of and trust about COVID-19 and influenza vaccines among adults at the highest risk of infection and death from these illnesses...
- SCACAP Board Governance
- Statewide Job Openings and Hiring
- SCACAP Hires Three New Employees
- SCACAP Statewide Training: SC Welcomes Four New Certified Community Action Professionals
- Other SCACAP Training Opportunities: SC ROMA Trainers – SC ROMA Implementers – Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Project
- Save the Date: 2021 SCACAP & SCSHSA Annual Statewide Mid-Fall Hybrid Training Conference, Nov. 1-4