Illinois Association of Community Action Agencies
IACAA News – July 2021
See newsletter for the full story on each of these items
As we move forward in 2021, we are working on several fronts to bring professional development opportunities to the Illinois network. :
- We are exploring the possibility of bringing back the Certified Public Manager training.
- We are finalizing the training and technical assistance contract with DCEO. Some of the highlights will include the ongoing webinar series (look for some changes), trainings focused on organizational leadership (IM 138), and an examination of equitable practices.
- CCAP is starting back up again with gratitude for the intrepid Charles McCann, CCAP emeritus. He is offering hybrid sessions, i.e. both in person and remote.
- Do not forget about ROMA! Contact IACAA to schedule a ROMA training or to learn about becoming a certified ROMA professional
- Data! Carli Wiltsie is IACAA’s data wiz. Please reach out to her for assistance and guidance with your data questions, needs and technical assistance.
- Family and Community Development Specialist is coming soon.
- Finally, IACAA does offer board trainings (both public and private), learning opportunities focused on poverty awareness, trauma informed practices and whole family.
Our job posting page is updated frequently with current featured job offerings from our agencies. Current openings include Program Manger II & Energy Efficiency Program Manager (Champaign County Regional Planning Commission), Financial/Employment Coach (Mid Central Community Action), Deputy Director of Energy Services & Training & Quality Manager & Family Case Manager (CEDA), Weatherization Assessor (Two Rivers Regional Council) and more!
Administered by the Indoor Climate Research and Training center:
⇒ Weatherization Basics, August 16-20
⇒ Health and Safety, August 30- September 3
SEDAC in partnership with Ameren Illinois are offering No-Cost Grant Writing Services for community partners.
FSA received an emergency referral regarding a homeless Veteran who was residing in a hotel for the last three months. The Veteran was previously a business owner, but due to COVID had to close the business. The house they were renting, unfortunately was placed up for sale and with the business closed there was no funds to purchase the place – see newsletter for full story.
- Net Zero Energy Building Program: Funding, Illinois Clean Energy Community Foundation
- Community Facilities Direct Loan and Grant Program: Funding, USDA Rural Development
- Community Development Block Grants for Housing Rehabilitation, Illinois DCEO
- Veterans Housing Rehabilitation and Modification Pilot Program, HUD (July 30 deadline)
- Veteran Housing Grants Program, Home Depot Foundation (July 9 deadline)
- Community Grants for Housing Affordability, Sustainability and Environmental Justice, Wells Fargo Foundation (applications accepted on a rolling basis)
- Housing Preservation Grants, USDA (July 19 deadline)