Community Action Association of Pennsylvania
CAAP Update – June 2021
See newsletter for full articles
Tri-County Community Action's Executive Director, Jennifer Wintermyer, was awarded the top honor for 2021 by the Business Women's Forum, who recognized many amazing women in Central PA who go above and beyond. The May 19th event was titled "Women Who Influence".
Union Snyder CAA used CDC, PA DOL and CAPLAW guidelines/guidance to create their mitigation plan. They also posed specific questions to CAPLAW regarding workplace mask/face covering as it relates to vaccinated individuals. Sue Auman, Executive Director at Union-Snyder, shared the plan on April 30, 2021 – view the plan.
CAAP will be sending a special series of educational emails to CAAP Update subscribers. Celebrate Juneteenth in your community bulletins, social media posts and newsletters. Ideas for celebrating at your Agency will be offered in a series of emails leading up to June 19th.
The latest Diversity, Equity and Inclusion newsletter includes DEI action planning, a recommended book on systematic racism, the "wall project" posters and a video on the Tulsa Massacre.
- New Unemployment System is slated for early June, PA Dept. of Labor & Industry
- CAAP DEI Virtual Event: A Community Action Conversation, Sept. 28
- Community Action Customizable Commercial and Community Action Gets Vaccinated (customized images), Community Action Partnership
- Emergency Broadband Benefit, FCC Helping Households Connect During the Pandemic
- CAAP Self-Sufficiency Awards to be presented on November 4th in a virtual ceremony
- CAPLAW Training Conference, June 29-July 1 (virtual)
- 2021 Annual NCAP "Hybrid" Convention (Sept. 1-3, pre-convention training on Aug. 30-31)
- 2021 NCAF Conference, Sept. 27 & 28, Oct. 4 & 5
- Whole Family Approach (Part I), Management Track, June 3
- Fiduciary Duties, Governance Track, June 10
- Procurement Procedures, Fiscal Track, June 17
- Terminating Employees, Human Resources Track, June 24
- Creating Economic Opportunity, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, June 29