Maryland Community Action Partnership
2021 Community Action Month Symposium
Community Action Month is a time for the CSBG network to highlight the impact that Community Action and its partners has across our country. Community Action Month is a time for the CSBG network to highlight the impact that Community Action and it's partners has across our country! The goal is to show policymakers, partners, and the public how our network helps individuals, families, & communities achieve economic security.
- Opening Session: Healing Centered Engagement (May 26)
- Plenary Session: National Partner Update (May 27)
- Closing and Community Action Month Awards Ceremony (May 27) – Individual awards based on the efforts of an individual staff person who has shown outstanding service to their organizations, staff, or community needs. Volunteer awards based on a volunteer's exemplary service to your agency despite COVID restrictions. Department/Service Area awards based on the efforts of all of the Department staff providing outstanding service to their clients or the community needs.
Check this web page for details on each session expected to be added on Friday, May 21: virtual-conference.maryland-cap.org.
Wednesday, May 26
- Creating a Collaborative Response to Rising Food Insecurity
- Implicit Bias
- Risk Management in a New World
- Tenant & Landlord Strategies
- Fight Poverty, Hunger, and Health Care Needs by Removing Barriers to Program Access
- Avoiding the "Eviction Cliff": Maximizing the State Emergency Rental Assistance Program to Keep Our Neighbors Housed
- Broadband and Digital Inclusion
- Racial Wealth Gap Simulation
- Leveraging Data Locally
Thursday, May 27
- Whole Family Approach in Action
- Be the Spark (Challenges in Workspace during COVID19)
- Resilience & Recovery: Preparing your Organization for Tomorrow
- WFA Coaching Roundtable
- Strategic Marketing and Branding in Community Action