New York State Community Action Association
See newsletter for full story on each of these items
A Word from NYSCAA’s CEO
Introduction of NYSCAA's CARES Program Manager and recognition of NY's newest Nationally Certified ROMA Trainers.
2021 New York State Poverty Report
We are pleased to present our newly updated online edition of the New York State Poverty Report...featuring New York State Poverty Profile – US Poverty Profile – A Comparative Look at County Poverty Levels – Data Key.
2021 NYSCAA Virtual Regional Meetings in Partnership with DOS
• Western Regional Meeting, May 12
• Central and North Country Regional Meeting, May 25
• Capital District and NYC/LI Regional Meeting, June 9
• Pro Action of Steuben and Yates – Helping to Spread Awareness for Child Abuse Prevention
• Community Action Planning Council of Jefferson County – Farm to Family Food Distribution
MYTH: We can predict, with certainty, which children will be maltreated based on risk factors. – FALSE!
Risk factors associated with child maltreatment include extreme poverty, family unemployment, caregiver substance abuse, lack of understanding of child development, and neighborhood violence. However, each of these only weakly predicts the likelihood of maltreatment...
Read about myths associated with child maltreatment and prevention from Child Trends: 5 Myths about Child Maltreatment.
- Raising and Preserving the Low-Income Voice: Adapting to the Pandemic, CAPLAW
- 2021 Community Action Month Toolkit, Community Action Partnership
- Community Action COVID-19 Response Story Templates, Community Action Partnership
- Health Intersections, Adversity, Trauma, Resilience and Early Childhood (May 13 webinar), Community Action Partnership
- Resources to Promote the Importance of Getting Vaccinated, Community Action Partnership
See newsletter for listings
- We Can Do This: COVID-19 Public Education Campaign, Community Corps
- The Self-Sufficiency Standard for New York 2021, FPWA
- Governor Cuomo Signs Legislation Establishing First-in-the-Nation Program to Provide Affordable Internet to Low-Income Families
- Coping with COVID, NY Project Hope
- The Deadline for Coverage in 2021 Extended!, New York State of Health
- New Tax Credits Available through the American Rescue Plan, New York State of Health
- American Jobs Plan: The Need for Action in New York, The White House
- Nonprofit Report Reveals New Leadership Concerns for 2021, Wipfli
- Head Start/Early Head Start Regulation Boot Camp (May 18-20), Wipfli