Community Action Association of Pennsylvania
CAAP Update – May 2021
See newsletter for full articles
Wishing Alan all the best after 40+ years at Community Action Committee of the Lehigh Valley, including 31 years as the Executive Director
For the past 40 years, Alan has been happiest when he's fighting mad. Whether it's extracting money from wealthy corporations to sprinkle into the inner cities, running the Lehigh Valley's busiest homeless shelters and food pantries, cracking down on predatory lenders or leading a rally in Washington to raise the minimum wage, Alan did it the only way he knows how: ferociously...
Daniel Leppo has worked for the Community Action Association of Pennsylvania for nearly 12 years. He began as the Grants Management Director, then Development Director, and was appointed Deputy Director in 2017. He earned Certified Community Action Professional status in 2017 and is also a Nationally Certified ROMA Master Trainer...
Susan Moore, CAAP's CEO for the past 12 years until her retirement last month, received a special video message from David, co-founder and CEO of NCAF. David has been one of Washington’s leading advocates on behalf of low-income programs for more than 30 years.
Last month, CAAP published it's first DEI newsletter, focused on building diversity, equity and inclusion
The time is now to focus efforts on creating equitable communities for all. It’s not just the right thing to do. It’s the just thing to do. Read about the DEI survey results, the upcoming online diversity tools and our partnership with the Alliance for a Just Society (AJS) in this first edition...
- CAPLAW Training Conference (June 29 - July 1) & Work Policy Guidelines
- Contact Congress on Urgent Need to Allow Indirect Cost Reimbursement, CAP/NCAF/CAPLAW
- Community Action Gets Vaccinated Images & Resources, Community Action Partnership
- Community Action Month Toolkit, Community Action Partnership
- 2021 Annual Training Conference (Sept. 20-24), NASCSP
- NCAF Conference 2021 & The Community Corps
- PA DHS 2021 Racial Equity Report
- Older Adults Home Modification Grants (May 18 deadline), HUD
- 2021 Annual NCAP "Hybrid" Convention (Sept. 1-3, pre-convention training on Aug. 30-31)
- Coaching Your Team From Good to Great- Management track, May 6
- Strategic CAA Board Financial Oversight- Governance track, May 13
- Cost Allocation, Part II: Indirect Method-Fiscal track, May 20
- Economic Equity and Eviction- DEI track, May 25
- Hiring and Retention- HR track, May 27