New York State Community Action Association
See newsletter for full story on each of these items
A Word from NYSCAA’s CEO
Reflections on efforts of the Community Action network over the past year during the pandemic. The following are visual representations of how the Community Action network in NY adapted to meet the needs of families: New York's Community Action Agencies Respond to COVID-19 and Community Action Agencies Shine Light During Dark Times (scroll down).
2021 NYSCAA Virtual Regional Meetings in Partnership with DOS
• Western Regional Meeting, May 12
• Central and North Country Regional Meeting, May 25
• Capital District and NYC/LI Regional Meeting, June 9
• Oswego County Opportunities: Celebrating 55 Years of Service to Oswego Communities
• Economic Opportunity Council of Suffolk: Partnering with Area Non-profits to Help the Homeless
MYTH: Gender inequality is not a big issue for developed countries like the U.S. – FALSE!
FACT: Inequality remains high or extremely high on six out of ten indicators studied by the McKinsey Global Institute (MGI).
Read about this myth from Time magazine: 5 Myths About America’s Gender Gap.
- Establishing a Customer Focused Approach to Community Action Agencies: A Guide to Customer Satisfaction, Community Action Partnership
- Health Intersections, Adversity, Trauma, Resilience and Early Childhood (May 13 webinar), Community Action Partnership
- Resources to Promote the Importance of Getting Vaccinated, Community Action Partnership
See newsletter for listings
- 2021 Nonprofit Cybersecurity Incident Report, Community IT Innovators
- The Deadline for Coverage in 2021 Extended!, New York State of Health
- COVID-19 Crisis Counseling Program Expands Services to Meet Community Need, NY Project Hope
- Young People and Tax Credits: The Earned Income Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit, Urban Institute
- Upcoming Events, Trainings, and Webinars from Wipfli: In-Depth Training on OMB's Uniform Guidance (April 6-8) – CSBG Organizational Standards Boot Camp (April 13) – Head Start/Early Head Start Regulation Boot Camp (May 18-20)