Michigan Community Action
MCA Update – March 23rd
See newsletter for the full story on each of these items
- President Biden Signs American Rescue Plan Act – Overview of some of the provisions from Yeo & Yeo
- The American Rescue Plan extends Voluntary Employer Families First Coronavirus Response Act payroll tax credit through September 30, 2021
- National Community Action Partnership Provides Resources to Promote the Importance of Getting Vaccinated
- Saginaw County CAC Welcomes Hurley J. Coleman as the Agency's New Executive Director
- IRS Tax Filing Deadline Extended Until May 17, 2021
- Michigan Taxable Wage Base Increases to $9,500
- MCA Virtual Summer Conference, Aug. 8-10
Managing Conflict in the Workplace, April 20
MCA Social and Racial Justice Team Monthly Webinar Series
See a description and registration for each session held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month Jan-April
- Michigan announces all adults will be eligible for the vaccine starting April 5, 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccine Facts – Infographic from the University of Alabama Birmingham
- Beware of Scams and Fraud Schemes related to Small Business Administration COVID Relief Loans – Information from the Small Business Administration
National Community Action Partnership Equity Summit, April 19-21.
Our theme for this virtual event is “Centering in Truth, Activating Community Healing & Resiliency“. We deeply believe that “othering”, particularly racism, rests at the nucleus of poverty in America. We also believe that equitable opportunities can only be built and sustained by centering ourselves in this truth. To that end, the Equity Summit will showcase voices and expressions that activate healing and resiliency in local communities.
More information and registration
Through MCA's partnerships with Capella University & Strayer University, Michigan Community Action employees are eligible for significant educational benefits, each designed to help them reach their goals. Immediate family members are also eligible with Capella University.
MCA partnership with Strayer University
Follow MCA on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn