Region II Regional Performance and Innovation Consortia
RPIC Region II newsletter - February 2021
New York * New Jersey * Puerto Rico * U.S Virgin Islands
See newsletter for full story on each of these items
Community Action Partnership of New Jersey
CAA Network Response to Hunger in New Jersey
The expected increase in hunger since the pandemic is reported at 50%, and another report has highlighted the growing number of food insecure individuals since the pandemic – see newsletter highlighting food assistance strategies developed by NJ CAAs.
ASPIRA, Inc. of Puerto Rico uses Education to Battle the Economic Crisis in PR
Puerto Rico is committed to the development of human capital to achieve a better future. However, the analysis of data on school dropouts, unemployment and poverty on the island reveals the seriousness of this problem...Several investigations on the subject reveal that equity has become a mandatory recipe for the development and well-being of society in aspects such as: Poverty Reduction – Generation of jobs – Increase of national savings.
At ASPIRA it is understood that education is the determining factor in helping Puerto Ricans overcome poverty and lead productive, healthy and satisfying lives. For that reason, ASPIRA offers comprehensive education, leadership development opportunities, and support to help those who want to help themselves.
New York's Community Action Agencies Respond to COVID-19
New York's Community Action Agencies created new programs, adapted to expanding customer needs, and continue to empower individuals and increase community resilience. They have been on the front lines and will continue to respond to the needs of the individuals and families they serve.
NYSCAA has compiled stories and accounts of the ways CAAs have been meeting community needs – learn more and access the report.
NYSCAA‘s 2020 Annual Report is Now Available
2020 Annual Report, New York State Community Action Association
- National Partner Resources on Covid-19
- Certified Community Action Professional (CCAP) Program through the Community Action Partnership – enrollment is open now but act soon because the deadline for submitting your Candidate Data Form (CDF) is Friday, January 15
- New COVID-19 Web Resources from CAPLAW: Building Readiness: Planning, Prevention, Response, and Liability – CARES Act Benefits for Nonprofit CAAs
- Kids, Families and COVID-19, The Annie E. Casey Foundation
- How Racism Can Affect Child Development, Harvard University Center on the Developing Child
- One-Third of Rural Counties Lack a Pharmacy Listed in Coronavirus Vaccination Plan, The Rural Blog
- U.S. Suffers Sharpest Rise in Poverty Rate in More Than 50 Years, Bloomberg
See newsletter for listings