Connecticut Association for Community Action
Connecticut’s Community Action Agencies (CAAs) are providing free tax preparation services to eligible individuals and families across the state through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. VITA is available for residents with low to moderate incomes, persons with disabilities, and limited English-speaking taxpayers who need assistance preparing and filing their tax returns. Last year, over 10,000 people filed their tax returns at CAAs - read the full press release.
- Local organization provides meals to people who need to quarantine due to pandemic (Tina Detelj, WTNH, 1/20/21)
- Access Community Action Agency recognizes far-reaching impact of long-term employees (Hartford Courant, 1/18/21)
- New Custom Delivery Truck for CRT's Meals on Wheels Program Rolls Out in Hartford (Fox 61, 1/14/21)
- Racial disparities in vaccinations? (Alex Putterman, Hartford Courant, 2/3/21)
- 'Look beyond the numbers': Videos highlight health inequity in Valley, New Haven and Hartford (Amanda Cuda, CT Post, 1/29/21)
- Report: Pandemic increasing race, gender disparities in Connecticut (Sten Spinella, New London Day, 1/29/21)
- CT budget panel leaders pledge to reverse years of eroding funds for social service safety nets (Keith M. Phaneuf, CT Mirror, 1/29/21)
- Data suggests dozens of towns are violating CT Supreme Court decision on exclusionary zoning (Jacqueline Rabe Thomas, CT Mirror, 1/28/21)
- House Democratic leaders want to repeal CT’s ‘poverty tax’ (Keith M. Phaneuf, CT Mirror, 1/27/21)
- Is the state’s vaccine rollout leaving behind Black and Latino residents? (Jacqueline Rabe Thomas, Kasturi Pananjady and Jenna Carlesso, CT Mirror, 1/27/21)
- How CT is working to educate communities of color about the COVID-19 vaccine (Erin Kayata, The Hour, 1/22/21)
- Report: Youth homelessness, housing instability on the decline in CT (Erin Kayata, CT Post, 1/16/21)
Check back for upcoming events!
See newsletter for listings