New York State Community Action Association
See newsletter for full story on each of these items
MYTH: No one in the United States goes hungry.
FACT: The USDA estimated that 11.1% of US households were food insecure in 2018. This means that approximately 14.3 million households had difficulty providing enough food for all their members due to a lack of resources…
New York's Community Action Agencies Respond to COVID-19
New York's Community Action Agencies created new programs, adapted to expanding customer needs, and continue to empower individuals and increase community resilience. They have been on the front lines and will continue to respond to the needs of the individuals and families they serve.
NYSCAA has compiled stories and accounts of the ways CAAs have been meeting community needs – learn more and access the report.
NYSCAA‘s 2020 Annual Report is Now Available
2020 Annual Report, New York State Community Action Association
Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council is proud to reintroduce itself as LifeWorks Community Action after 55+ years of dedicated service – visit the updated LifeWorks Community Action website!
Community Action Organization of Western New York has selected Thomas U. Kim as its new President and CEO – read the announcement.
- Certified Community Action Professional (CCAP) Exam Guidance (March 9 webinar), Community Action Partnership
- Building Readiness: Planning, Prevention, Response, and Liability and CARES Act Benefits for Nonprofit CAAs, CAPLAW
- Kids, Families and COVID-19, The Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Resources to Support Young Children in the Wake of the Violent Mob in the US Capitol, National Head Start Association
- How Racism Can Affect Child Development, Harvard University Center on the Developing Child
- One-Third of Rural Counties Lack a Pharmacy Listed in Coronavirus Vaccination Plan, The Rural Blog
- U.S. Suffers Sharpest Rise in Poverty Rate in More Than 50 Years, Bloomberg
- Fostering Equity in Local Clean Energy Policy (Feb. 25 webinar), Low Income Forum on Energy (LIFE) Webinar Series
See newsletter for listings