Maryland Community Action Partnership
MCAP News – January 2021
See newsletter for the full story on each of these items
Bridging the Digital Divide with Transformation, Equity and Innovation
Are you ready to build the future? Education, public policy, justice, and the economy are all on the table. UPO’s panel of experts are fearless leaders of Digital Equity and will dive deeply into ways to change our society — including how you can be an advocate. When they talk, sparks fly and ideas come into focus. We invite you to join us. Discover the best ways to improve Digital Equity in the District and beyond.
Event registration, Thursday, January 14 from 5:30 pm
Voices from the Field: COVID-19 and Recession Surveys, Interviews, and Data
From the National Alliance to End Homelessness – The latest report shows providers’ ability to conduct COVID-19 testing among people experiencing homelessness, noticeable housing shifts as a result of the pandemic, the process of exiting people from temporary hotel/motel programs, staffing shortages, and continued resource needs.
All a-Board! The Purpose, People, and Process of CAA Boards
Updated video series from CAPLAW – These 7-11 minute animated shorts help boost the capacity of CAA boards to recruit, engage, and fulfill their responsibilities…access the video series.
- CSBG CARES and Disaster Supplemental Annual Report: 60 Day Open Comment Period, OCS Dear Colleague Letter
- Humane Housing and COVID-19, Community Commons
- 2021 Management & Leadership Virtual Conference, Community Action Partnership, Feb. 3-5
- Certified Community Action Professional (CCAP) Program, Community Action Partnership
- Deadline for Emergency Rent/Utility Assistance Program, U.S. Dept. of Treasury
State and local governments must submit documentation and completed payment information no later than 11:59pm ET next Tuesday, January 12, 2021
- Emergency Rent/Utility Assistance Program: Overview and Recommendations (webinar), NEUAC & NEADA, January 14
- Staying Well While Working in High Stress, Traumatic Environment (webinar), Community Action Partnership, Jam. 27
- Annual MLK Jr. Memorial Breakfast, United Planning Organization, Jan .15 (virtual event)
Keynote Speaker: Senator Cory Booker
- ACES, Trauma and the Pandemic - Becoming a Trauma Informed County (Zoom event), Community Foundation of Anne Arundel County, Jan. 27
- Strengthening the Executive Team, The Bridgespan Group
An 8- to 12-week online, team-based program to help your executive team focus on the right work, have better meetings, and work more effectively together.