New York State Community Action Association
See newsletter for full story on each of these items
MYTH: Everyone looks forward to the holiday season.
FACT: For families living in poverty, coping during the holiday season can be the most difficult time of the year.
Read the HuffPost article about the struggles people may have during the holidays. Do what you can and help make this holiday season a little brighter for those who need it most in your communities.
Reconnect and Recharge: NYSCAA & NYSWDA's Virtual Annual Conference
Recordings and presentations from the conference can be accessed by NYSCAA members.
Action for a Better Community
Racism is a Public Health Crisis - Attacking the 2 Pandemics
Virtual Signature Conference Series, January 14, 21, & 28
Community Action Planning Council of Jefferson County had the pleasure of recognizing and celebrating Marie Ambrose and Penny Covey for their 35+ years of dedication and service to Community Action…
- Certified Community Action Professional (CCAP) Program through the Community Action Partnership – Enrollment is open now but act soon because the deadline for submitting your Candidate Data Form (CDF) is Friday, January 15.
- Families First Paid Leave FAQ + Refresher from CAPLAW
- COVID-19 Web Resources from CAPLAW
- Dear Colleague Letter Announcing Public Comment Period on CARES and Disaster Reporting from OCS
- New York State and Coursera to Provide Free Online Certificate Courses for NY Residents
- Humane Housing and COVID-19 from Community Commons
- 42 Million Parents Whose Households Didn't Move to Teleworking May Face Difficult Trade-Offs from the Urban Institute
- Updated State-Level Data for Understanding Child Welfare in the United States from Child Trends
- Covid ActNow – America's COVID Warning System based on 5 key indicators to determine risk levels for 50 states and 3,000+ counties
- From NY State of Health (NY official health plan marketplace): Special Enrollment Period Extended through 12/31
See newsletter for listings