Region II Regional Performance and Innovation Consortia
RPIC Region II newsletter - December 2020
New York * New Jersey * Puerto Rico * U.S Virgin Islands
See newsletter for full story on each of these items
Community Action Partnership of New Jersey
- National Certified ROMA Trainers Take a Deeper Dive in New Jersey
- New Jersey recently releases 2,258 individuals on November 4th as part of one of the largest ever single-day reductions of any state's prison population...
Reconnect and Recharge: NYSCAA & NYSWDA's Annual Conference
NYSCAA held its annual Professional Development Conference virtually on December 1st, December 3rd and December 8th...The conference featured over 35 speakers and over 31 sessions. We were very pleased to welcome two highly regarded keynote speakers: Rev. Dr. Carla Cheatham, who discussed "Thriving Through Challenges: Resilience, Emotional Intelligence, and Post-Traumatic Growth" and Dr. Nicol Turner Lee, who presented "Digitally Invisible: How the U.S. is Addressing the Divide during COVID-19". Along with our notable keynote speakers, we had a host of top-notch workshop presenters and panelists.
MYTH: Poverty is only located in cities.
FACT: High poverty rates have increased at a greater rate in American suburbs compared to American cities.
Read the Chicago Tribune article about this myth and other common myths associated with poverty.
- National Partner Resources on Covid-19
- Certified Community Action Professional (CCAP) Program through the Community Action Partnership – enrollment is open now but act soon because the deadline for submitting your Candidate Data Form (CDF) is Friday, January 15
- Combining Forces: A Merger Manual for Community Action Agencies – Appendices – Webinar recording from CAPLAW
- CAPLAW releases three new videos exploring fiduciary duties, strategies for keeping board members engaged, and how to make the most out of the board's time together. View the videos: All Aboard! The Purpose, People, and Process of CAA Boards
- State-level Data for Understanding Child Welfare in the United States from Child Trends
- LIHEAP DCL-2020-01 Funding Release FY21
- Covid ActNow - America's COVID Warning System based on 5 key indicators to determine risk levels for 50 states and 3,000+ counties
- Household Pulse Survey from the U.S. Census designed to deploy quickly and efficiently, collecting data to measure household experiences during the coronavirus pandemic. Data will be disseminated in near real-time to inform federal and state response and recovery planning.
See newsletter for listings