Maryland Community Action Partnership
MCAP News – December 2020
See newsletter for the full story on each of these items
In 1965, CAN was incorporated as the nonprofit Community Action Agency serving Baltimore County...During this virtual event that's open to everyone, you will hear powerful stories from the community and receive a live cooking demonstration from the Baltimore Chef Shop...
Event information & registration, Tuesday, December 8 from 5:00 – 7:30 pm
Applying the Equity Lens to COVID-19 Response and Recovery, Community Action Partnership
As part of the The Community Action COVID-19 Resource Series, this brief discusses how the Covid-19 pandemic has disproportionately impacted people of color and provides equitable approaches for human service delivery.
COVID-19 Homeless System Response: Winter Planning Resources
HUD Exchange – This collection of documents and flyers is intended to assist Continuums of Care (CoCs) in implementing safe and effective approaches to winter shelter planning during COVID-19.
- Winter Planning Guide Overview: Meeting Winter Shelter Needs and Mitigating Health Risks
- How to Complete the Winter Emergency Plan Planning Guide and Template
- Alternative Approaches to Winter Sheltering During COVID-19
- Winter Response Activation and Communications Planning Guide and Template
- COVID-19 Preparedness Checklist for Shelter Facilities
Investing in Future Leaders and Achieving Strategic Clarity
The Bridgespan Group – December 15 deadline to apply to join Bridgespan’s online programs. There are a pool of scholarships specifically designated to subsidize the cost of these programs for nonprofits led by leaders of color. Schedule a call to learn more about joining a Spring 2021 cohort.
Funding Opportunity Under Supportive Services for Veteran Families Program
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is announcing the availability of funds for supportive services grants under the Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) Program. Deadline to apply: February 5, 2021. Awards made for supportive services grants will fund operations beginning October 1, 2021.
- Addressing Health Equity (Lesson 4): Operationalizing Psychosocial, Structural and Environmental Determinants of Health, MCAP, December 11
- Next Generation Community Action Leadership Training, Berneitha McNair Consulting
Six intensive sessions, Dec. 8th, 9th and 10th - see MCAP newsletter for further info
- Service Design for All: Bridging Gaps in Your Nonprofit’s Service Delivery, TechSoup, Dec. 10
- Virtual Toy Drive collecting through December 20, SECU is partnering with Kennedy Krieger Institute
- 2021 Management & Leadership Training Conference, Community Action Partnership, Feb. 3-5 (virtual conference)