Southeastern Association of Community Action Agencies
Spotlight on Community Action – November 2020
See newsletter for complete stories
- ”Help. I’m working from home.” Tips for a productive new groove, Mercer
- The 22 stages you go through when working from home, MetroUK
2020 SEACAA Virtual Annual Conference
November 3rd – November 6th
Regional Stories that Inform, Empower and Transform: A Time of National Healing
- Black History Walk (unmute video), NKYCAC
- What To Expect On Election Day — And In The Days After, NPR
- Election day is coming up. Here’s what to expect and what you can still do, LA Times
TN – Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee was recognized this past summer by the IRS as a TOP 5 community providing outreach to Limited English Proficiency Communities – read more.
MS State Association Executive Director, Nicole W. Claiborne, says, "This flooding event has been overshadowed by COVID-19. The families are still in need of resources as they work tirelessly to get back into their homes and community." Donate Here (note your donation is for SEACAA flood victims).
NC – Remember When Being a Social Justice Warrior was a Good Thing?
NCCAA Communications Director and renown journalist, Barry Saunders, shares insights from the American Idealist documentary about the life of Sargent Shriver that aired during the conference. He begs the question, "Remember When Being a Social Justice Warrior was a Good Thing? Saunders speaks to why we should all be social justice warriors like Sargent Shriver and the need to rescue the "noble phrase." KEEP SJW Alive!
KY – Rachel's Story of Hope and Survival, KCEOC Community Acton Partnership
The Bowles Center for Diversity Outreach, Inc. recently partnered with NKYCAC to host a Regional Implicit Bias Symposium, a conversation about racial harmony, inclusion, how to enhance diversity in education, the workplace, and the community – watch the recording.
FL – The Florida Association for Community Action hosted nearly 300 attendees from the Florida Community Action Network, the Florida Weatherization Network, and all affiliates for the 40th Annual Training Conference, Aug. 12-13
SC – SCACAP & SCHS Annual Statewide Mid Fall Training Conference, Nov. 30 – Dec. 4
GA – The Georgia Community Action Association conducted their Virtual Board Strategic Planning Retreat September 24-25…Their work focused on GCAA Re-imagining the Future.
- Executive/Deputy Director Certification
- Financial Professional Certification
- Human Resources Certification
- COVID-19 & Kindness: ‘Caremongering’ Is Trending, WebMD
- Baby Yoda Fights Fires, KING-TV
- What is Toxic Positivity – and Why Are Experts Saying It’s Dangerous Now?, Explore Health
- Guidance & Resources for Managing Coronavirus Risks, Community Action Partnership
At Home: Wellness Resources for Living a Healthy Life during the Pandemic
How to Better Cope With the Uncertainty of Today’s World, SUCCESS magazine
See newsletter for listing of events