Ohio Association of Community Action Agencies
See newsletter for the full story on each of these items
CARES Act funding for rent, mortgages, water & sewer
Ohio's Community Action Network is pleased to provide assistance to low-income Ohioans impacted by COVID-19. Residents at or below 200% FPL who are past due on rent, mortgage, water, and sewer payments may be eligible to receive assistance to keep them safely in their homes beginning November 2, 2020 – read more.
2020 Exemplary Program Awards Nominations
Ohio University is accepting nominations for the 2020 Exemplary Program Awards now through December 1, 2020. An Exemplary Program is a designation awarded to programs operated within Ohio’s Community Action Network that have been expertly evaluated and determined to be innovative and creative anti-poverty programs and initiatives – learn more about OACAA’s Exemplary Program Awards.
- Family Development Certification
- Poverty: Working Moms – Training event featuring Stephanie Land, author of Maid: Hard Work, Low Pay, and a Mother’s Will to Survive
- OACAA Virtual Winter Legislative Conference, Jan. 25-29
- CA Wayne/Median secures $1.4M to expand rural transportation program targeting work, medical, court, The Daily Record
- Bikers raise $4,400 for HCCAO Senior Nutrition Program, The Times-Gazette
- Local Help Me Grow earn accreditation, The Daily Sentinel
- Endowment from Joe Burrow Heisman donations allows Athens County Food Pantry to serve for generations to come, The Post