Region II Regional Performance and Innovation Consortia
Region II RPIC newsletter – October 2020
New York * New Jersey * Puerto Rico * U.S Virgin Islands
See newsletter for details on each item
- Nationally Certified ROMA Trainers (NCRT) from Puerto Rico Convene via Zoom for Re-Certification Event
- Community Action Partnership of New Jersey
- ROMA (Results Oriented Management and Accountability) Virtual Training
- Ocean Inc. Receives $5,000 grant on behalf of the UWMOC COVID-19 Recovery Fund
- NY Community Action Agencies Shine Light During Dark Times
- COVID-19 Resources for Region II: State and Federal Resources and Tech Resources
MYTH: Benefits and assistance programs are available to too many people and are too generous.
FACT: Qualifications to receive services are exceedingly narrow, and exclude many in need.
The current Federal Government's proposed budget reflects an all-to-common talking point, that the poor take advantage of generous public assistance, and thus should be the targets of further restrictions and regulations. Testimony at the truth commission consistently demonstrated the opposite. Speakers frequently addressed the challenges of navigating various social service systems and highlighted the insufficiency of these systems at meeting their needs. Qualifications to receive services are exceedingly narrow, and exclude many in need. People working in social services and those receiving services expressed concerns about the inadequacy of available assistance – see newsletter for full article.
Read more from the Truth Commission on Poverty in New York State about common U.S. poverty myths that are present around the country.
2020 Census Response Rate Map
As people responded to the 2020 Census online, by phone or by mail, the Census Bureau updated the map daily to reflect the percentage of households that self-respond online, by phone or by mail after being invited to do so. The rate reflects the three response modes combined and for online alone.
- National Partner Resources on Covid-19
- Social Media Graphics For Energy Awareness Month, Community Action Partnership
- New Case Studies: Leadership During Crisis: Lessons from the COVID-19 Pandemic (3rd item)
- New Section 4 of Tools for Top-Notch CAAs: A Practical Approach to Governance and Financial Excellence
- Three new videos exploring fiduciary duties, strategies for keeping board members engaged, and how to make the most out of the board's time together.
- CAPLAW Survey: Low-Income Sector Recruitment and Elections During COVID-19
- New FAQ: Understanding the New Public Charge Rule and its Implications for CAA Clients
- Covid ActNow - America's COVID Warning System based on 5 key indicators to determine risk levels for 50 states and 3,000+ counties
- Household Pulse Survey from the U.S. Census designed to deploy quickly and efficiently, collecting data to measure household experiences during the coronavirus pandemic. Data will be disseminated in near real-time to inform federal and state response and recovery planning.