Maryland Community Action Partnership
MCAP News – October 2020
See newsletter for the full story on each of these items
In this webinar, Garrett County Community Action Committee Inc. shares its ARRA story and the ways that it motivated the agency's shift to service integration and 2Gen/Whole Family Approach initiatives. This webinar explored what it means to leverage crisis as a springboard for action and innovation. Additionally, the Garrett County team shared opportunities or areas of pivot that staff are currently considering in the current crisis to inspire other CAAs to be more strategic with their CARES investments.
Where to Prioritize Emergency Rental Assistance to Keep Renters in Their Homes (search by County or Continuum of Care)
From the Urban Institute – Mapping Neighborhoods Where Low-income Renters Face Greater Risks of Housing Instability and Homelessness to Inform an Equitable COVID-19 Response…
New Case Studies: Leadership During Crisis: Lessons from the COVID-19 Pandemic
CAPLAW and the Community Action Partnership have developed two case studies focused on the ability of CAAs to respond to unique challenges and effectively govern themselves during difficult times. These case studies highlight the examples of two CAAs, and how each relied on good governance practices and communication to navigate complex challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 2020 Maryland Rural Impact Awards to be presented on December 2nd in four categories: Rural Community Volunteer – Rural Champion – Outstanding Rural Economic Development – Outstanding Rural Community Development
- The Guide to Remote Community Engagement from What Works Cities
- October is National Cybersecurity Awareness Month – 30 tips in 30 days from Wipfli
25th Annual Holland Awards (virtual event), Oct. 22, CAC of Howard County
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Darryll J. Pines, President, University of Maryland
Recognizes an individual or organization that demonstrates extraordinary commitment and dedication to serving the most vulnerable in Howard County. This year we celebrate and recognize our amazing awardees from the past 25 years!
- Free Speech in the COVID-19 Workplace (webinar recording), Troutman Pepper
- Community Action Regional Race and Poverty Listening Sessions (see listing of sessions scheduled through Oct. 26)