Ohio Association of Community Action Agencies
See newsletter for the full story on each of these items
2020 Exemplary Program Awards Nominations
Nominations for the 2020 Exemplary Program Awards open October 1, 2020! An Exemplary Program is a designation awarded to programs operated within Ohio’s Community Action Network that have been expertly evaluated and determined to be innovative and creative anti-poverty programs and initiatives. Each awardee is recognized due to the successful development and implementation of the program or initiative, and for demonstrating outstanding results and outcomes.
Learn more about OACAA’s Exemplary Program Awards recognized by the Ohio Association of Community Action Agencies and Ohio University Voinovich School of Leadership and Public Affairs.
2019 Exemplary Program Award Winners:
- Dragon Employment Center, Ashtabula County CAA
- Recovery to Work, Ironton-Lawrence County CAO
- No Excuses, West Ohio CAP
- Virtual Workshop Recordings
- Upcoming Events
- Stress Management: Dealing with Pandemic Issues During the Holiday Season
- Uniform Guidance Update
- Family Development Certification
- IMPACT CA makes national news with desks program (see story on ABC News)
- Neighborhoods at risk for Covid see disproportionately high eviction rates, CNN
IMPACT CA is an integral partner to helping prevent evictions in Franklin County
- IMPACT CA CEO Robert "Bo" Chilton was named one of the Most Admired Nonprofit CEOs in Central Ohio by Columbus Business First!
- HCCAO Head Start returns after closing in March, The Highland County Press
- Hunger in the Year 2020, Facebook Live Discussion
- Dayton has one of the highest poverty rates in the nation, Dayton Daily News
OACAA’s executive director, Philip Cole quoted in the article: A lack of jobs that pay a living wage is a valid and well-known factor in poverty, but other issues include poor infrastructure, limited transportation options, increasing daily living costs and changing family structures