New York State Community Action Association
See newsletter for full story on each of these items
From NYSCAA CEO
Information shared about several new NYSCAA board officers, along with one new board member, who were installed at NYSCAA’s Annual Meeting last week. Also, NYSCAA’s Professional Development Conference will be held over three days: December 1, 3 & 8.
"Taxpayer Funded Government Assistance Programs are Not Working" – FALSE
FACT: Government Assistance Programs are saving lives, and making meaningful differences even if they are hard to see.
See newsletter for the full article – read more about common U.S. poverty myths
Reconnect and Recharge: NYSCAA & NYSWDA's Virtual Annual Conference, Dec. 1, 3 & 8
Examples of sessions: Poverty 101 – Building a Trauma Informed Coalition – Action Labs – Racism is a Public Health Crisis
VIDEO: Community Action Agencies Shine Light During Dark Times
NYSCAA has created a short video showcasing the incredible work that Community Action Agencies in New York have been doing for their communities since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Nationally Certified ROMA Trainers (NCRT) from Puerto Rico Convene via Zoom for Re-Certification Event
- 13th Annual “Virtual” Meeting of the Minds: Community Action Angels New York
- ProAction of Steuben and Yates Celebrates 55 Years!
Video celebrating the past 55 years, showing how they have adapted, changed and evolved in order to continue to meet the needs of those in our communities. The video also highlights the agency’s work through the pandemic.
- Greater Opportunities for Broome and Chenango launches a new website
- Community Action Partnership of Madison County distributes much-needed hygiene supplies
- Oswego County COVID-19 Fund helps Oswego County Opportunities, Inc. (OCO) address pandemic needs
- The 2020 Census ends on October 5th and can be completed online, by phone of by mail
- Promote Census engagement while managing risks related to the coronavirus
- See how the Census Impacts Your Community
- Social Media Graphics for Energy Awareness Month, Community Action Partnership
- FAQ in Response to the Department of Homeland Security’s New “Public Charge Rule”, CAPLAW
- New Section 4: Tools for Top-Notch CAAs: A Practical Approach to Governance and Financial Excellence, CAPLAW
- 2020 Weatherization Day Communications and Planning Toolkit, NASCSP
- Census Bureau Household Pulse Survey
- Census Data: Income, Poverty and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2019
- NYATEP and EDC Forward Together, Fueling New York's Economic Engine Conference, Oct. 27-28
- NYATEP New Report Release - A New Way Forward: Bold Actions to Reshape New York's Labor Market
- NYS Moratorium On COVID-Related Commercial Evictions Extended through Oct. 20
- NY State of Health - Special Enrollment Period Extended through 12/31
- Low Income Forum on Energy (LIFE), Oct. 27-30
- HEAP Updates for the 2020-2021 Heating Season (webinar), Low Income Forum on Energy, Oct. 14
- NYS Office for the Aging Launches CV19 CheckUp Tool
- September Awareness – Hunger Action Month, Feeding America
- Office for the Prevention of Hate Crimes Launches HeARTwork Against Hate contest for NYC Youth