North Carolina Community Action Association
NC Empowered – September 2020
See newsletter for complete articles
The NC Community Action network of agencies recently received $26 million of funding through the CARES Act. Have questions about the supplemental CARES Act funds the network received? This frequently asked questions can help answer those questions for yourself and clients.
We are hiring immediately for two positions: Communications Director and Community Impact Manager. Applications are due no later than September 4th by 4 pm. Please email your resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com.
- Success Story: STARS Self Sufficiency Program Success Story, Sandhills Community Action
- I-CARE Working With Local Government to End Poverty, Statesville Record & Landmark
- Mountain Projects Breaks Ground on Two Workforce Houses
- NCCAA Featured in Article with Duke Energy, Southern Environmental Law Center
- WAMY Keeping Kids Engaged All Summer
- Southeastern Community & Family Services is now named Southeastern Community Action Partnership
- Join Jefferson Franklin CAC's Virtual Run Across America This Week!
- Greene Lamp Making Educational Head Start Videos
- Experiment in Self-Reliance's Annual Golf Tournament in October
- YVEDDI Volunteer Recognition
- Charlotte Area Fund Leverages New Partnerships
- Listen Up NC Radio Shows Now on NCCAA’s YouTube Channel
Social Determinants of Health*: Making Every Home a Little Safer
*Social determinants of health is a new buzz word within social services. Social determinants represent factors of our physical, emotional and social environment that have key impacts on our health. In fact, 80% of our health outcomes are determined by where we live, work and play…
This month's feature is Franklin-Vance-Warren Opportunity, which is one of our agencies that provides weatherization and home safety updates to North Carolinians. This work helps create safer homes, which can help reduce medical bills, accidents and safety risks…
Amber Moore, Program Coordinator, WAMY Housing & Energy Department
Marionna Poke-Stewart welcomed as new Director for NC Office of Economic Opportunity
Ginell Rogers from NEED, Inc and Susan Salzman from Gaston Community Action have passed the Certified Community Action Professional (CCAP) exam.
NCCAA Annual Conference: 20/20 Vison, Virtual October 28-30
See newsletter for additional upcoming events under each of these sections
- Community Playground Construction Grants, Kaboom!
- Grants for Garden. Annie’s
- Evidence for Action: Investigator-Initiated Research to Build a Culture of Health, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Healthier Kids For Our Future – Mental Health Grants (Sept. 30 deadline), Cigna Foundation
- Healthier Kids For Our Future - Food Insecurity Grants (Sept. 30 deadline), Cigna Foundation