Ohio Association of Community Action Agencies
See newsletter for the full story on each of these items
OACAA Supports Sen. Brown's Public Health Crisis Resolution
OCAAA Press Release – The Ohio Association of Community Action Agencies strongly supports Senator Sherrod Brown’s (D-OH) resolution declaring that racism is a public health crisis. For far too long, racism has negatively impacted the health and safety of minorities throughout this country. Brown’s proposed resolution acknowledging systemic racism is an overdue yet vital step in creating public policy to eradicate barriers for persons of color – read the full press release.
Statement of Support for Statewide Mask Mandate
The Ohio Association of Community Action Agencies and out network of 47 agencies covering every Ohio county, fully support Governor DeWine’s statewide order of face coverings. It is our responsibility as Ohioans to do what we can to slow the spread of the coronavirus, keep our communities safe and healthy, and ensure our healthcare systems are not overwhelmed.
- OACAA members can view online recordings of sessions from OACAA’s 2020 Virtual Summer Conference
- Virtual De-Escalation Training for OACAA members
- Community Action Job Opportunities
- CAC of Portage County's Summer Food Program for Children: A Community Partnership, OACAA blog
- End of halt to water shut-offs has Appalachian counties worried, Columbus Dispatch
- TriForce Mission Team repairs homes in Ohio, Daily News
- Montgomery Co. launches new program to help homeowners & renters affected by COVID-19, Dayton 247 Now
- Eviction stats predicted to increase in the Mahoning Valley, 21 WFMJ