Ohio Association of Community Action Agencies
See newsletter for the full story on each of these items
2020 State of Poverty in Ohio Report Released
The 2020 State of Poverty in Ohio Report was released via a virtual press conference on June 24th… The report is now available online. A toolkit is also available for member agencies to use throughout the year – read the report.
2020 Virtual Annual Summer Conference
Registration for the 2020 Virtual Summer Conference is now open!
Conference Dates: July 20-24
Focused Workshop Tracks
21st Century Community Action – CAPLAW – COVID-19 – Early Childhood Education – Huma Resources – Social Determinants of Health
OACAA statement regarding current events
The collective events of this year have impacted all Americans. The coronavirus pandemic has infiltrated Ohio and taken the lives of over 2,200 Ohioans and over 100,000 Americans. Ohio’s Community Action Network has remained at the helm to ensure the needs of our low-income communities are met. We continue to work with those who lived in poverty before the pandemic, and those being thrown into poverty because of the pandemic – read the full statement.
- Community Action Job Opportunities
- CAA will host coronavirus testing site, Morning Journal
- Brown, Housing Advocates push for emergency rental assistance funding, WCBE
- Columbus city leaders discuss efforts to confront racism, inequality in the community, WSYX
- Local businesses raise more than $40k, Lancaster Eagle-Gazette