Region II Regional Performance and Innovation Consortia
Region II RPIC newsletter – June 2020
New York * New Jersey * Puerto Rico * U.S Virgin Islands
See newsletter for details on each item
CAPLAW Is Seeking Two New Board Members!
Deadline to apply is June 15 – See newsletter for the application, which includes a complete description of the position. The CAPLAW Board strongly encourages applicants from federal Regions 2, 7, and 8.
Community Action Partnership of New Jersey
- Data on the impact of COVID-19 in New Jersey including a chart of counties with highest number of cases. Efforts are shared related to COVID-19 through the Bayonne Economic Opportunity Foundation as highlighted in a video address involving the mayor of Bayonne and BEOF’s executive director.
- NJ continues to focus on populations that are impacted disproportionately by COVID-19
"Poverty does not have a lasting impact on children." – FALSE
FACT: Childhood poverty negatively impacts academic achievement, physical and mental well-belling – see newsletter for full article.
- 2020 Census Response Rate Map
- Census Bureau to Resume Some 2020 Census Field Operations in Select Locations
- Take the 2020 Census Now!
- Community Action Counts! – Census 2020 webpage, Community Action Partnership
- National Partner Resources on COVID-19
- Community Action Partnership Releases Customizable Commercial for Television Broadcast & Social Media
- Building Readiness: Reopening Our Doors , CAPLAW
- CAPLAW Policies in Practice Webinar Series: Record Retention Policy, June 4
- Coronavirus Response: Peer-to-Peer Resource Sharing Library and additional resources: Coping and Staying Emotionally Well During COVID-19-related School Closures – Health Leads Roadmap – The intersection between Poverty and Health Care: A Resource Collection – Commons Good Podcast with Monte Roulier, Community Commons
- Wipfli’s 21st Annual National Training Conference (Oct. 1-16) and NEW Virtual Training Experience (begin July 14 and go through October 8)
See newsletter for listing