Illinois Association of Community Action Agencies
IACAA News – April 2020
See newsletter for the full story on each of these items
IACAA has been awarded $400,000 from the Illinois COVID-19 Response Fund. These funds will be utilized for direct client services. Thanks to the #ICRF, many of those hit hardest in our communities now have access to critical resources needed-from emergency food and basic supplies to interim housing and shelter. Now is the time to step up and provide urgent services for those in need during this difficult time – see newsletter to learn more about the Illinois COVID-19 Response Fund.
IACAA Learning Community
Connecting and Conversations about Community Action
Every Friday in May
Measurement Tools and Tracking Progress, April 29
Using the Logic Model, May 6
IACAA has begun to release recordings of the DCEO/IACAA Collaboration webinar series. This series feature guest speakers from our National partners, Illinois CAA experts and IACAA staff. Webinars can now be accessed and will continue to be added on IACAA’s YouTube Channel.
Continued learning throughout this constantly changing environment is so important. IACAA staff has compiled some of our favorite educational content to keep you busy while working remotely.
- Institute for Research on Poverty University of Wisconsin – Source of recorded webinars, links and research on poverty issues.
- Brené Brown's Podcasts
- Cultivating Collaboration: Don't Be So Defensive! , TEDxSantaCruz – Used in IACAA Trainings!
- Why well-being should be not be optional, TedTalk by Nicola Sturgeon
- Data's role in Poverty, Podcast from The Prosperity Agenda
- Heartland: A Memoir of Working Hard and Being Broke in the Richest Country on Earth by Sarah Smarsh
- Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis by J.D. Vance