Connecticut Association for Community Action
Community Action is Open During COVID-19!
Connecticut's 9 Community Action Agencies (CAAs) are finding ways to continue serving people and families in all 169 cities and towns across the state who need help during this tumultuous time. Read CAFCA's full COVID-19 statement here.
CAA services include, but are not limited to:
- Energy assistance (application deadline extended through 6/1)
- Meals on Wheels & food assistance
- Child care (depending on the agency)
- Housing & shelter
- Case management
While many CAAs are not accepting in-person, onsite visits, they are providing services by phone, email, and mail. Customers can also drop off required documentation and/or materials as needed.
Do you know someone that needs help? Tell them to contact their local Community Action Agency by clicking here!
- Find out information about changes and updates to state and federal programs like SNAP, HUSKY, and Medicaid: Department of Social Services Response & Information
- State of Connecticut COVID-19 Page provides COVID-19 guidance and updates
- Access the latest press releases and updates from the Governor's Office
- Additional resources for Funders & Nonprofits: The Community Nonprofit Alliance & Connecticut Council for Philanthropy