Michigan Community Action
MCA Weekly Update – April 20, 2020
See newsletter for the full story on each of these items
Greatest Needs Funds Update
As of midnight, April 16th $102,538 in funds were raised for the Michigan Community Action Greatest Needs Fund matching campaign in partnership with the DTE Foundation. Thank you to all of the agencies that made phone calls to donors, emailed their lists and posted to their social media about this opportunity...
- Economic Impact Payments - IRS portal for non-filers
- April is Financial Literacy Month - 3 tips from Mutual of America to help get started
- Census Timelines Have Changed
- April is Fair Housing Month
- Self-Employed, Other Newly Eligible Workers Can Apply for Unemployment...$600 Federal Payments Also Begin
- More Families Eligible for SNAP Benefits
Emergency response grants are available from the Michigan Coalition Against Homelessness for agencies responding to COVID-19.
- Virtual Peer to Peer Fundraising Training, April 23
- NCAF Introduces Community Action Together Video Series
- COVID-19 Weekly Dialog with Michigan Homeless State Partners
- COVID-19 Federal Rural Resource Guide, USDA
- When and to Whom Does an Employer Have a Duty to Report a COVID-19 Case?, Venable LLP
- Michigan Launches New Mental Health Line for People Dealing with Trauma from COVID-19
- Video: Director Donofrio Gives Update on Unemployment System and Implementation of Federal CARES Act, Michigan Dept. of Labor ad Economic Opportunity
Are Pets the Best Co-Workers?
Respondents to a survey by Rover.com thinks so. Here are 5 ways working at home with your pets makes you happier...
Follow MCA on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn