Region II Regional Performance and Innovation Consortia
Region II RPIC newsletter – April 2020
New York * New Jersey * Puerto Rico * U.S Virgin Islands
See newsletter for details on each item
Community Action Partnership of New Jersey
Presentation by NORWESCAP at the February NJ Quarterly meeting for CSBG grantees on the Consulate on Wheels Program in partnership with the Mexican Consulate, which brings the following services on site twice a year: Mexican Passport and Registration; Recovery of Mexican Nationality; Passport Renewals; ID Cards; Birth Registration; Legal Advice; Services for adults and children; and Voting Credential (INE).
Many CAA’s in New Jersey have partnerships similar to the Consulate on Wheels as well as other programs to help protect Mexican citizens in NJ. The Mexican Consulate coordinates a wide range of public activities and services, including outreach to low income families, family health fairs, conferences, and workshops – learn more.
- Representatives Sires and Payne, Jr. Announce CARES Act Funding to Local NJ Community Health Centers, Insider NJ
- COVID-19 Resources for Region II: State and Federal Resources and Tech Resources
- 2020 Census Operational Adjustments Due to COVID-19
- The 2020 Census is Live!
- 2020 Census Response Rate Map Preview Now Available
- Census 2020 webpage, Community Action Partnership
- National Partner Resources on COVID-19: CDC's COVID-19 website – CAP's Coronavirus Resource Page – CAPLAW's Coronavirus Resource Page – NASCSP's Coronavirus Resource Page
- Community Action Month Toolkit Overview (webinar), Community Action Partnership, April29
- NCAF Conference Postponed until November 2020
- CAPLAW Policies in Practice Webinar Series: Procurement Policy, April 30 – Record Retention Policy, June 4
- Social Media Best Practices for Community Action Agencies, NYSCAA
- American Way of School Funding is 'Uniquely Bad' for Inequality, Bloomberg Businesweek
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Form W-4 & Tax Withholding Estimator
See newsletter for listing