Illinois Association of Community Action Agencies
IACAA News – March 2020
See newsletter for the full story on each of these items
As a result of recent developments related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the decision has been made to postpone the 2020 IACAA Annual Learning Conference to October 11-13, 2020.
IACAA/DCEO are working tirelessly to offer new remote learning opportunities to our membership in order to help our network navigate through these uncertain times.
- Connecting and Conversations about Community Action – Our Learning Community , March 26
- Data Into Dollars, March 30
IACAA will begin to release recordings of the DCEO/IACAA Collaboration webinar series. This series feature guest speakers from our National partners, Illinois CAA experts and IACAA staff. Webinars will be added daily to the IACAA YouTube Channel.
Each Friday, IACAA staff will host a remote discussion about webinars and also listen in to your training and learning needs. This is one way we will stay connected and share a virtual space.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel to stay up-to-date on the latest information on Community Action!
Continued learning throughout this constantly changing environment is so important. IACAA staff has compiled some of our favorite educational content to keep you busy while working remotely:
- Adverse Childhood Experiences with Dr. Nadine Burke Harris
- The Story We Tell About Poverty Isn't True with Mia Birdsong
- Want to Help Someone? Shut Up and Listen with Ernesto Sirolli
- The Happy Planet Index with Nic Marks
- Sustainability to Survivability: 5 Nonprofit Finance Musts During COVID-19, Nonprofit Quarterly
See newsletter for details
- Brighten Your Days! - Free Edition of VirtualCAP RoundUP - March 2020
- IACAA Staff is Working Remotely, But We Are Still Here to Support Our Network