New York State Community Action Association
NYSCAA newsletter - February 2020
See newsletter for full story on each of these items
From NYSCAA CEO
Items covered include NYSCAA & NYSWDA's 2020 Annual Conference & 2020 Community Action Awards and 2020 NYSCAA Regional Meetings.
"Compared to other developed nations, the United States has relatively low poverty rates among children.” – FALSE
In reality, the United States has the 2nd highest child poverty rate among developed nations at 23.1%. A report released by the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) reveals alarming child poverty rates within affluent, or 'developed', nations. The United States ranks second highest among all measured countries, only behind Romania's 25.6 per cent – read more from CommonDreams.org.
- NYSCAA & NYSWDA's Annual Conference, June 16-18
- 2020 NYSCAA and DOS Five Regional Meetings (May-June)
- Albany Community Action Partnership – Officers from Albany Police Department visit ACAP classrooms
- Community Action Programs Cayuga/Seneca – Funding received from the NY Alliance for Economic Inclusion to complement CAP’s Employment Pathways Program, funded through AEI’s Round 1, as well as provide non-Medicaid volunteer transportation to and from health and safety appointments and private sector jobs!
- Mark Your Calendar: Important 2020 Census Dates
- How Do I Respond to the 2020 Census and What Does it Ask Me?
- U.S. Census Bureau – Putting 2020 Census Rumors to Rest
- Community Action Partnership – Complete Count Committee
- Joint Statement on FY 2021 Budget Proposal, Community Action Partnership & NASCSP
- CAPLAW Policies in Practice Webinar Series: Conflict of Interest Policy, March 19 – Procurement Policy, April 30 – Record Retention Policy, June 4
- New Tool Empowers Local Leaders to Take Action Against Rural Drug Addiction, The White House
- Understanding the Impact of Debt on Communities of Color, Prosperity Now
- Communicating on Race and Racial Economic Equity Guide, Prosperity Now
See newsletter for listings