Illinois Association of Community Action Agencies
IACAA News – January 2020
See newsletter for the full story on each of these items
2020 IACAA Annual Conference
April 26-28 in Springfield, IL
Along with our signature events, we have some great keynote speakers lined up and six (6) exciting conference tracks that we hope will "Ignite. Inspire. Influence."
The Families of Distinction Banquet highlights the outstanding work of CAA staff by celebrating families and individuals who have overcome great personal and social obstacles in their pursuit of self-sufficiency – see newsletter for more info including FOD forms and IACAA’s Story Telling Webinar Recording.
IACAA will be presenting the following awards – see nomination forms to learn about the criteria for each of the four awards:
- Vince Demuzio Award – Legislator of the Year
- Harry Ring Award – Outstanding Service
- Dr. Martin Luther King Award – Impassioned Visionary for the Low-income Population
- Grey Warner Award – Friend of Community Action
The Mid-America Community Action Association's New Director Orientation Program is an informal, small group retreat-like format designed to expose you to some of the most successful, passionate Community Action leaders from our region and from around the nation…For any given participant, this program has a total of four-sessions that run at six-month intervals over a two-year time period.
It is specifically designed to provide support in key areas such as:
- Introduction and orientation to Community Action network
- Orientation to critical success factors as a new Community Action Chief Executive
- Purposefully create peer-to-peer support networks
- Provide proven resources for special challenges you may be facing
See newsletter for details
- Andrew Rains is IACAA’s new Program and Office Administrator
- IACAA Training Updates: 2020 Succession Planning (Jan. 29 & Mar. 5) – ROMA Implementer Training (Feb. 19) – Data into Dollars (Feb. 25, Mar. 19 & Mar. 26) – Community Needs Assessments and Community Action Plans (Mar. 2) – Internal Collaborations (Mar. 11 & Mar. 27)
- 2020 Illinois Affordable Housing Forum, Feb. 14
- IACAA Holiday Closings