Georgia Community Action Association
GCAA newsletter – December 2019
See newsletter for full story on each of these items
National Human Rights Month!
December recognizes National Human Rights Month. This month and every month to follow, everyone in the United States is encouraged to come together and stand up for equality, justice, and the dignity of all humans.
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
The Georgia Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), is a Federally-funded program that helps low-income households with their home energy bills. This assistance can reduce the risk of health and safety problems such as illness, fire, or disconnection. The Georgia LIHEAP program may be able to offer you one or more of the following types of assistance:
- Energy Bill payment assistance
- Energy crisis assistance
- Weatherization and energy-related minor home repairs
How many households are helped by the program:
In FY 2019, there were 191,425 households served; 147,195 in FY 2018 and 137,385 in FY 2017 - see newsletter for full story.
- GCAA Spotlight: SEACAA Carl D. Perkins Award winner!!! Shout out and congratulations to Mary Harrison, Central Savannah River Area Economic Opportunity, Authority Inc.
- BY 2030, All Baby Boomers Will Be Age 65 or Older: 2020 Census Will Help Policymakers Prepare for the Incoming Wave of Aging Boomers, America Counts Staff
- 5 tips for staying warm this winter
- Shout out and congratulations! to Coastal Georgia Area Community Action Authority, Inc. on their Celebration of Success Gala 2019
- National conferences and T/TA training