New England Community Action Partnership
2020 Presidential Forum
Opportunity & the American Dream
January 16-17 in Manchester, NH
A two-day forum focusing on the national leadership needed to enable all Americans to reach their full potential and contribute to the well-being of their communities! All presidential candidates have been invited to share their vision for achieving the American dream of a good quality of life and the opportunity to thrive, free from the hardships of poverty.
The forum will also focus on public policies that reduce economic disparities and foster healthy, resilient, and sustainable communities, featuring Professor Kathryn J. Edin, author of $2 a Day: Living on Almost Nothing in America, Dr. john a. powell, Director, Othering & Belonging Institute, UC Berkeley, and other policy experts.
Thursday, January 17
- Panel: Community (in!) Action 2020, Denise Harlow, CEO, Community Action Partnership; David Bradley, Executive Director, NCAF; Betsey Andrews Parker, President, NECAP; Moderator: Deb Polun, CAFCA; Board Member, NECAP
- Dr. Kathryn J. Edin, Author, $2 a Day, Living on Almost Nothing in America, Princeton University
- Panel: A Moderated Conversation with James Pindell, Boston Globe, Lauren Chooljian, NH Public Radio; Co-Host, Stranglehold Podcast; [3rd participant pending]; Moderator: Jason Parent, Executive Director/CEO, ACAP
Friday, January 18
- Neil Levesque, Executive Director, NH Institute of Politics, St. Anselm College
- Jeff Behler, Regional Director, U.S. Census
- Dr. john a. powell, Director, Othering & Belonging Institute, UC Berkeley