North Carolina Community Action Association
NC Empowered – November 2019
See newsletter for complete articles
North Carolina Medicaid is in the process of moving from a fee-for-service to a managed care payment system. Catch up on where we are in the process – read the brief.
- RFP: Opportunity to Pilot an Emergency Matched Savings Program (Nov. 11 deadline), Propserity Now
- Nonprofit Leadership Expedition Recap – Nonprofit leaders from across North Carolina fully engaged in an intensive 2.5 day leadership and team building experience complete with beachside reflections and ocean excursions.
- Upcoming CAP Webinar Wednesday Events: Filling Out the CCAP Candidate Data Form (Nov. 6) The Community Action Journey to Organizational Excellence (Nov. 13) Funding Whole Family Approach Efforts (Nov. 20) Evaluating Whole Family Approach Pilots: Metropolitan Action Commission 2Gen Evaluation Report (Dec. 4) Equity Practice Transformation with the Santa Cruz Community Action Board (Dec. 11) Food as Medicine with ALL IN Alameda County (Dec. 18)
- Essential Single-Family Rehabilitation Loan Pool, NC Housing Finance Agency
- Test Your Vocabulary – Word Puzzles
- 2020 NCCAA Annual Conference, May 12-15
- NCCAA Shout Outs to WAMY and Central Piedmont Community Action
- NEW Grounds Coffee: Sales support NCCAA's NEW Reentry Program and people transitioning home after incarceration
- The To-Do List Method for People With Crazy Lives and Short Attention Spans from Quartz at Work from Pocket Worthy
- Community Progress Fund, Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation
- 2020 Renewal Awards from The Atlantic and Allstate
- Lyft Rolls Out New Program for "at-need" Job Seekers
- And more!
See newsletter for upcoming training events and conferences