Maryland Community Action Partnership
MCAP News – October 2019
See newsletter for the full story on each of these items
Weatherization Programs Administered by the Community Action Council of Howard County Help People on All Walks of Life
The CAC assists low to moderate income homeowners and renters permanently reduce their energy bills by making their homes more energy efficient…CAC also deals with crisis situations. A family came to CAC as a Crisis Cooling client using MEAP funds…and recently received a new AC unit. The family has several young children (under 5) and had been sleeping on the porch because their home was too hot, even with fans running.
Another client, age 94, was referred to CAC after her basement flooded, she had no hot water, and sludge came out of the faucet. They were not able to assist her through any of the programs offered, but after bringing it to the president, she determined that CAC would use agency funds to help her anyway. She was in danger of electrocution due to her electric water heater being located in the flooded area, and they were able to clear the flooding and replace the water heater, taking her out of danger and providing her with access to clean, hot water.
Check Out the 2019 Weatherization Day Toolkit
The 2019 Weatherization Day Toolkit from NASCSP contains social media and other communications resources to help you plan your Weatherization Day activities...
- Has your agency responded to NASCSP's CSBG Annual Report Survey yet?
- FAQ on Recovering Shared and Indirect Costs, CAPLAW
- The 2018 Poverty & Health Insurance Data was released in September from the Census Bureau
- 2G Messaging Tools from Ascend and the FrameWorks Institute – Playbook – Messaging Guide
- Come Help Build a Playground at United Communities Against Poverty by KaBOOM!, Oct. 23-25
- ROMA Training: Train-the Trainer and Train the Implementer cohorts (see newsletter for dates)
- Community Action Partnership webinars: The Belly Button Rule of Good Process Management, Oct. 16 – Certified Community Action Professional (CCAP) Orientation, Oct. 16
See newsletter for current Maryland CAA and HCD job openings