Georgia Community Action Association
GCAA newsletter – September 2019
See newsletter for full story on each of these items
Georgia Community Action Association 49th Annual Conference!!!
The Georgia Community Action Association kicked off its 49th Annual Training Conference in Savannah, Georgia with over 300 attendees - see newsletter for conference recap including pre-conference workshops, plenary session speakers and town hall discussion on Advocacy and Community Engagement.
Community resource center proposal receives "State of Hope" site approval
A proposal to open a community resource center in Brunswick recently received State of Hope site approval from the Georgia Division of Family and Children Services. Coastal Georgia Community Action Authority led the application process this summer to apply for State of Hope Supported Site approval. Working with local partners, Coastal Georgia Community Action Authority proposed a community resource center that will bring together resources to serve families in need in the area...
Upcoming Conferences and Training Opportunities
- 2020 Management and Leadership Training Conference, Community Action Partnership, Jan. 8-10 in San Juan, Puerto Rico
- 2020 Legislative Conference, NCAF, March 17-20 in Washington, DC
- The Belly Button Rule of Good Process Management (webinar), Community Action Partnership, October 16
- 12 Golden Rules of Nonprofit Finance (webinar), Propel Nonprofits, October 22
- 10-Step Budgeting Process (webinar), Propel Nonprofits, Nov. 20